3.15.2017



MAMBO JAMBO


 Oh My God, I'm aching. WTH. Years ago when friends said they were going Cuban or Mexican dancing, I bulked at the idea. Then came Salsa 💃🏾 I shirked even more.

But since I've come back in the last few days and hearing Salsa music abroad, I thought wMight as well put it in my bag of things to do or Bucket List and see what the fuss was all about.

I kept promising my good mate DJ Fonti from Heartless Crew (Heartless) (sorry couldn't help breaking out into old skool anthem) I'd come along one night and so I did. Guess what? I'm hooked.

Damn the group was younger than me, they flipping throw that shit about. I was like Wha?!!! Really!!! No. 😳😮😰😂😂🙈

I walked in with intrepidation, as I didn't want to look a fool, but there were other novices too, so it wasn't so daunting as I thought.

We moved without music to get the basics and trust me basics was not basic. Well to me it wasn't, but after about 15 minutes I relaxed and got into the grooveish. I'm built, tall so you can imagine in my tight leggings, rangy legs and heels, those hips were gyrating like a sexy cat in heels. (No was that me just imaging I'm a sexy motherf#%ker) lol.

The beginners class was over before it started and I wanted more...And I got more. The next 2 hours were brilliant, as we danced changed partners, the guys were from all over the world, which was sooo cool, got to meet some new friends and the most assuming of people that you'd never think were into Salsa.

One thing I must say, there is no where in the world I can go and not meet an old friend, and that I did. This chick I hadn't seen from my uni days, looking like a teenager, strolled by looking amazing and dancing like cat woman, turns road and said , 'don't I know you'? I almost died as in all the obscure places I could've gone, I still was found by Someone.

So the night came to an end, took some photos and said yes, I'm Valerie M, but most of all, that's my new haunt and exercise regime. Where has this been all my life????

I walked away and after an hour I was aching, but a good ache. Thursday night is boxing, I hope to recover by then mate..

Lool..that's how I spent my day getting fighting for and seizing new moments. NEVER SAY NEVER.
. https://plus.google.com/+ValerieMaxfield/posts/SbAdJejWTbu

No comments: